Friday 29 June 2012

No Gameplay for A Game of Thrones: Genesis

No Gameplay for A Game of Thrones: Genesis
I am ordering this without seeing the gameplay and I'm sure many others are with me so if you want more pre-orders show some gameplay or at least something other than that not so great trailer. I have been looking forward to this game and have a bad feeling its not going to be what I had hoped, but I really hope I'm wrong. So please show some gameplay and prove me wrong.

#2
29-09-2011
chitti r
Member

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 97
Re: No Gameplay for A Game of Thrones: Genesis
I have never come out and openly said anything about anyone but i really can't understand why people are coming on here and complaining about the lack of information that has been released. I didn't even know that they were making a game until a few weeks again so you can't have been waiting for that long. The game is going to be out in a week, I am pretty sure you can wait until then and see the reviews and YouTube clips. Game trailers mean nothing. A game trailer is never like the game so what does it matter? If you are the type to purchase a game based on the trailer then I imagine you have been let down a few times in the past. There has just been a stream of people complaining about the lack info and video about the game since the forums have opened and they haven't released anything new because of that so i would recommend sitting around for another week and wait until some puts some info up after the game is out.

#3
29-09-2011
ApplePowerPC
Member

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,867
Re: No Gameplay for A Game of Thrones: Genesis
I highly doubt they have not released gameplay because people are complaining about it that would be childish. Of course I can wait a week for the game to come out and find gameplay then, I said I am not pre-ordering it unless I see gameplay. I do not buy games based on their trailers either so thanks for that awesome response.

#4
29-09-2011
Ticod
Member

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 305
Re: No Gameplay for A Game of Thrones: Genesis
I read that right or did you just say they are not putting out anything new because of the fact that people are complaining of the lack of that which they would put out had they not been complaining? How old are they, 5? And is it so weird that people are concerned over the lack of basically any gameplay video this close to release date? Any normal game would by now have featured it as thoroughly as they possibly could. Instead you should ponder if there is any reasonable explanation as to why they have not made any gameplay preview or gameplay feature or why not a series where they go through it with a developer commentating on everything? I know the total war games have had that, Skyrim have already had more than 20 minutes of its gameplay out. It shouldn't take an employee, very long time to record, cut and basically put together at least some 5-10 minutes of actual gameplay.

#5
29-09-2011
Abbie
Member

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,610
Re: No Gameplay for A Game of Thrones: Genesis
Trailer was released a couple days ago, I know it’s not quite gameplay, but it shows the map, which maybe help you to understand the game. And you get well information from this trailer.

#6
29-09-2011
Common
Member

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,020
Re: No Gameplay for A Game of Thrones: Genesis
i didn't even get close to saying that they aren't releasing any game footage or new info because people are complaining. i said that with all the complaining about lack of videos and info it clearing doesn't bother them that we have been complaining.

#7
02-10-2011
DevenderD
Member

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,602
Re: No Gameplay for A Game of Thrones: Genesis
I think the fear among veteran, serious gamers is that the lack of gameplay and general info so close to release indicates that the game may not be very good. One might speculate that essentially the publishers hope to cash in on the franchise name and its recent popularity due to the television series. I for one hope this is wrong. I like the author, and know he had some input, and I pray he has at least some gaming experience and can recognize when his material is being dumped into a poorly executed project. But these are just hopes. Some supporting facts of a less than stellar game experience: Focus Home Interactive, the publisher, has a fairly weak release library. Most of which are sports games which also happen to be made by the developer. Cyanide, the developer, has never created a Fantasy title, and in fact, I believe all of their previous games are sports titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment