Friday 29 June 2012

Few Questions about A Game of Thrones: Genesis

Few Questions about A Game of Thrones: Genesis
I have been playing the board game with my friends the past few weeks and was wandering if any of those elements are going to make it into the game like they did with blood bowl. I hope that the more deceptive style of gameplay takes front seat rather than just point, click, unit marches. I love making alliances in the board game and then suddenly stabbing them in the back, it's great fun and the second edition is apparently being released in November. So what do you think, has the board game influenced the game?

#2
29-09-2011
RockOn
Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,975
Re: Few Questions about A Game of Thrones: Genesis
It was my understanding that GRRM actually had quite a bit of influence on the game. How good it will be, I don't think anyone knows at this point. They didn't release gameplay, and I'm still not sure why they wouldn't. Maybe they think it's bad and don't want to stop people from pre-ordering it. I never played the board game but this game is supposed to be as much about (if not more) politics/deal making/breaking as it is about military actions.

#3
29-09-2011

Squibbit
Member

Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,061
Re: Few Questions about A Game of Thrones: Genesis
So what are the chances that this might actually end up good? I've got my fingers crossed and hope to god it's a good or even decent game because A song of ice and fire is my favorite book series. What's the track record with cyanide? The only game I know they made is Blood Bowl and that was pretty decent and surprisingly complex.

#4
29-09-2011
Wyvern
Member

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,622
Re: Few Questions about A Game of Thrones: Genesis
Sounds like the board game then because that was right at the heart of it, making deals and such and that's good to know that GRRM had quite a bit of influence on it. I took a gamble anyway and bought the game, it's actually sitting next to me on my desk but of course due to steam. I am unable to play it. Haven't opened it up yet though but its there, waiting, watching, always watching.

#5
02-10-2011
Badmannah
Member

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,616
Re: Few Questions about A Game of Thrones: Genesis
At least you have that. I am waiting to download it from steam; they won't even let us do that until tomorrow. I was going to buy it off steam at first but then I found it for much cheaper on shopto.

No comments:

Post a Comment